East Legon (Adjiriganor)
Dr Charlene Annor is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist, who has recently moved to Accra, Ghana from South Africa. She was born and raised in South Africa to Ghanaian parents; medical doctors who had relocated to South Africa in the 1980s.
Dr Annor completed her undergraduate medical degree at the University of Pretoria (South Africa) in 2011, and completed her specialisation programme in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Cape Town (South Africa) in 2019. At the end of the specialisation program, she was awarded the national prize for the most accomplished graduate in Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Daubenton Medal) and also completed a dissertation for a Masters degree in Obstetrics and Gynaecology that year.
She most recently worked in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology at the University of Cape Town, where she was favoured persistently by students as one of the best undergraduate and post graduate lecturers for 2020 and 2021.
Dr Annor has significant interest and experience in the fields of infertility, gynaecological endocrinology (PCOS etc), high risk obstetrics and ultrasound. Surgically, she is well experienced in a wide range of gynaecological and obstetric surgical procedures. Due to her interest in minimally invasive (laparoscopic) surgery, she pursued certification with the European GESEA certification programme – and completed 2 certification levels in 2021, with distinction. She aims to equip all of her patients with knowledge and understanding, so that they can be a part of their journey to improving their health.
Dr Annor is recently married, and spends her spare time travelling or pursuing adventure out-doors
– Gynaecological Endoscopic Surgical Education and Assessment (GESEA) programme – Level 1 and Level 2 (passed with distinction) – 2021
– Masters in Medicine (Obstetrics and Gynaecology) – Passed with Distinction – 2019
– Fellow of the College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology South Africa – FCOG (SA) – Winner of the Daubenton Medal- 2019
– MBChB (Pret) – Cum Laude – 2011
PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT (PAST & PRESENT)
– 2020-2022: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, Reproductive Medicine Unit, Groote Schuur Hospital, Cape Town, South Africa
– November 2019 – March 2020: Consultant Obstetrician & Gynaecologist, O&G department, Greater Accra Regional Hospital, Accra, Ghana
– 2015-2019: Registrar in Obstetrics and Gynaecology – University of Cape Town, South Africa
– 2013-2014: Medical Officer, Obstetrics & Gynaecology Department, Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital, Johannesburg, South Africa
– 2012-2013: Medical Intern, Johannesburg, South Africa.
PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND AFFILIATIONS
Fellow of the College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists – South Africa
*Registered as a specialist Practitioner – Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Ghana Medical and Dental Council
*Registered as an Independent Specialist Practitioner – Obstetrics and Gynaecology – Health Professions Council, South Africa